Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat

Happy Halloween!



My grandmother's birthday is October 29 so my family always combines a Halloween and birthday celebration for her. This year, my parent's hosted the event at their house on Friday, October 26, the day their neighborhood was trick or treating. My brother and grandmother love to hand out goodies to the neighborhood kids and my uncle generously donated the treats: bags of Nibbles with Gibbles chips and popcorn.

A new addition to this year's Halloween celebration was a Costume Contest. Guests had the option to dress up and vote on for their favorite costumes in a variety of categories.

The lucky winners were...

CUTEST:
Gracie as a sailor


BEST PERIOD PIECE:
Mom as a 20's flapper


MOST CREATIVE:
Me as Dr. Shots

SCARIEST:
My brother Nick as my Dad
    Being as it was also a birthday celebration for my grandmother, gifts were in order. I presented her with my handmade beaded Tiger Eye Zulu Flowerette necklace and a pair of gold and pearl clip on earrings which were fashioned out of vintage buttons attached to earring clips. 


    The menu included: cake!


    All in all, it was one great Halloween/Birthday party!


    Let it Bead,

    Marla

    ~~

    How did you celebrate Halloween this year? Did you wear a costume?

    Given the insane amount of injections and procedures I've been receiving from Pain Management over the last year, I thought Dr. Shots was a "creative" costume idea.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment